Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Black In America 2



So I just finished tuning into CNN's sequel to their informative look on what it really means to be Black In America. Some say the sequel is never as good as the original, but I must say that this new series of Black In America is very thought provoking and aggressive in a really good way.

Taking a look at the leaders of tomorrow through the eyes of young people today is truly meaningful to me because I myself am at that point in my life where everyone is watching and waiting to see what I do next. Pressure, yes of course, but life is flowing with great amounts of pressure that only makes it better. I am the future. I can say that confidently because I know that I have a plan for my life. Many people today are moving too quickly, but going nowhere at all. Life is a long journey that has many different paths with no shortcuts.

Going back to thought provoking ideas, being Black In America is something extraordinary. It's something that cannot be fully expressed in words. Dual Consciousness is something that often pops into my mind. Am I Black or some sort of person who understands both sides? Black is Beautiful. Black Is Everything. Black Is Me. Stereotypes and Misrepresentation are for another blog post.

One addition I saw in the program was the inclusion of a new series entitled LATINO IN AMERICA coming in October. This is good because America is a melting pot of unique people who have similar goals and dreams in life.

Tomorrow is the continuation of Black In America 2 w/ Tyler Perry talking about his experience in Hollywood along with many other motivated Black people who strive to make the world a better place one person at a time.

BLACK IN AMERICA
Peace!

No comments:

The Future of Vibes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
This is just another expression of who I am. I'm the news reporter, opinion sayer, etc. Basically anything I find relevant.

Followers