Sunday, July 19, 2009

Santa Clara Orientation Recap


July 16th-17th 2009, Santa Clara University (3rd Orientation Session)

Left on Wednesday the 15th, 6 1/2 hour drive from my house to Santa Clara. This was probably my 10th time traveling up to Northern Cali, so nothing surprising.

Fast Forward to Thursday...

7:30 am - Arrived on Campus for the second time in two years. Registration was cool. People watching is always a fun hobby of mine. So many different & exciting people. Breakfast on St. Ignatius Lawn (JESUITS IN DA HOUSE)!!! Speeches came later from the school's reprsentatives and faculty members.

Then came the big moment... Finding out who else was in my RLC (Residence Learning Community); I'm In Xavier (only the greatest, X Gonna Give It 2 Ya!!!)

The people in my RLC are great. So many different personalities and most importantly the diversity is awesome. Easy going and down to earth are some of the words I would use to describe the people in my group.

So as I move on through my memory, our Orientation Leaders (OL's) were nothing short of great. Funny, enthusiastic, down to earth, and real... do I need to continue. They forced us to add them on Facebook hahah, but it's all good they're cool.

As the first day progressed, we had dinner and the SOCIAL was at 8pm. The OL's performed their own dance routine. The rest of the night was pretty chill. Played pool with some new friends and just had good times.

Day 2: Registration Day

So this part of orientation was strictly for class registration.

I didn't get all the classes I had wanted to get in the first place, but I came through with some pretty legit classes nonetheless.

Class schedule for the Fall is as Follows: Political Science Major

Art History: MWF 11:45pm-12:50pm
Intermediate Latin: MWF 1:00pm-2:05pm
Knowing That We Don't Know: TTh 9:55am-11:40am
Intro to US Politics: TTh 1:45pm-3:30pm


Closing ceremonies was bittersweet since we don't start school until September 21st.

But I can't wait to go back. College is HERE!!! Great People Good Times!

No comments:

The Future of Vibes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
This is just another expression of who I am. I'm the news reporter, opinion sayer, etc. Basically anything I find relevant.

Followers